OUR DELIVERY SERVICE OPTIONS
COLLECTION – Quite simply you collect it from our store. Over the years many of our customers have found it more convenient to collect their digital piano from us because it is more suitable and works better around their busy schedules. It will then require unboxing and assembling. Instructions are included.
BY TIMED APPOINTMENT – Our expert carriers will contact you to arrange the appointment. This way you can guarantee your piano is delivered without having to wait in all day. They will unbox your digital piano and assemble it. The packaging will be removed and the digital piano will be checked over.
- ■ Improved Responsive Hammer III keyboard action
■ Ivory Touch key surfaces, triple sensor, let-off, counterweights
■ Progressive Harmonic Imaging sound with 88-key sampling
■ Shigeru Kawai SK-EX & Kawai EX concert grand piano sounds
■ High quality audio processing and amplification hardware■ Integrated Bluetooth® MIDI and Audio wireless technology
■ Built-in classical etudes and Alfred lesson books
■ Spatial Headphone Sound for enhanced depth and realism
■ Cheekblock control panel with high resolution OLED display
■ Attractive, modern cabinet available in three wood finishes
- Experience music, together.
- Kawai’s latest CN series digital pianos provide a realistic full-sized keyboard, beautiful grand piano sounds, and headphone jacks that allow silent practise at any time of the day. These affordable instruments also offer a variety of inspiring features suitable for everyone in the family, and have attractive cabinet designs that will complement any room. The new CN series from Kawai – experience music, together.
- The Touch of a Grand Piano:
Responsive Hammer III keyboard action
- The CN201’s acclaimed Responsive Hammer III keyboard action has been developed to recreate the touch feeling of playing a Kawai grand piano. Each key is authentically weighted using metal hammers which are ‘graded’ (i.e. slightly heavier in the bass region, and lighter in treble) just like an acoustic piano. These weights also allow released keys to return to their original position without the aid of springs, resulting in a smooth, natural playing experience.
Ivory Touch key Counterweights Triple sensor
Let-off mechanism Weighted hammers Key pivot point
The chassis of the action mechanism is produced using reinforced materials that ensure the keyboard will remain rigid and stable when played with force. In addition, a series of felt-lined rubber cushions absorb movement energy from the keys and hammers, helping to reduce unwanted ‘thump’ noise, and earning RHIII a reputation as one of the quietest digital piano keyboards available.
- Ivory Touch key surfaces
- The Responsive Hammer III keyboard action features Kawai’s authentic Ivory Touch key surface material, which possesses an attractive matte finish that is smooth but not slippery. These characteristics are not only beneficial in aiding finger control, but also contribute to the overall impression of playing a high quality, authentic piano.
- 88-key Counterweights
- In addition to grade-weighted hammers, the Responsive Hammer III keyboard action also incorporates counterweights embedded within each black and white key. As with an acoustic piano, these additional weights help to balance the touch of the keyboard during pianissimo passages, while providing a feeling of greater substance and solidity when playing with force.
- Triple sensor key detection
- Supplementing its authentic touch weight, the RHIII keyboard action also includes Kawai’s latest triple-sensor key detection system for enhanced playing realism. This additional third sensor greatly improves responsiveness when striking the same keys repeatedly, allowing rapid trills etc. to sound much smoother and more acoustic piano-like when played.
- Let-off simulation
- As the most authentic digital piano keyboard action in its class, Responsive Hammer III even reproduces the ‘let-off’ characteristic of acoustic piano actions. This subtle ‘notch’ sensation can be felt when playing the keys of a grand piano very gently, and may be used by experienced pianists to aid control when playing pianissimo passages.
- The Sound of a Grand Piano: Two world-class instruments
- Earning a reputation as the ‘premier pianos of Japan’, Shigeru Kawai instruments grace the stages of concert halls and musical institutions throughout the world, and are prized for their outstanding tonal clarity and exceptional dynamic range.
The CN201 captures the magnificent tone of the flagship Shigeru Kawai SK-EX concert grand piano. This peerless instrument is hand-built by Master Piano Artisans at the Shigeru Kawai Piano Research Laboratory in Ryuyo, Japan, and widely regarded as one of the finest instruments in its class.
In addition, the CN201 also features the distinctive sound of Kawai’s highly acclaimed EX concert grand piano, which has been selected by professional pianists in such prestigious events as the Chopin, Tchaikovsky, and Rubinstein international piano competitions, among others.
Both the SK-EX and EX are faithfully reproduced with full 88-key sampling using advanced Progressive Harmonic Imaging™ sound technology, to establish a new standard in digital piano tonal quality, and allow musicians to appreciate the contrasting properties of each.
- Full 88-key stereo piano sampling
- The rich, expressive sound of the SK-EX and EX concert grand pianos is at the heart of the CN201, with all eighty-eight keys of these world-class instruments painstakingly recorded, meticulously analysed, and accurately reproduced as high-fidelity digital waveforms.
Recording each key individually in this way – as opposed to stretching the same tone over several different notes – preserves the grand pianos’ unique harmonic character, and guarantees that the sound heard when playing any one of the CN201’s weighted keys is a faithful representation of the original acoustic source.
- Harmonic Imaging technology
- When playing a fine piano, the amount of pressure applied to the keyboard affects not only the volume of the sound produced, but also the unique tonal character of each note. Therefore, in order to construct a realistic acoustic portrait of each grand piano, not only is each key recorded individually, but also at a wide variety of different volumes, ranging from gentle pianissimo to thunderous fortissimo.
The CN201 offers a highly detailed acoustic portrait, employing Kawai’s proprietary Progressive Harmonic Imaging sampling technology to ensure smooth tonal transitions across the keyboard and throughout the entire dynamic range.
- Variety beneath your fingertips
- Alongside the classically voiced SK-EX and EX grand piano sounds, the CN201 also showcases a selection of Jazz, Pop, and Modern variations suitable for a range of musical genres. A traditional Kawai upright piano sound is also included, for pieces that suggest a feeling of nostalgia, or call for a slightly more intimate tonal character.
- Personalised piano adjustments
- The knowledge and skill of an experienced piano technician is essential to bring out the best of a fine acoustic piano. In addition to tuning each note, the technician also performs numerous regulation and voicing adjustments that allow the instrument to truly sing.
The CN201’s Virtual Technician ‘Smart Mode’ simulates these refinements digitally, with ten preset configurations that intelligently adjust characteristics of the grand piano to match different musical styles.
For greater flexibility, ‘Advanced Mode’ allows players to perform touch weight and voicing adjustments, regulate hammer and key release noises, and fine-tune string and damper resonances from a smart device using the dedicated PianoRemote app.
- Advanced audio technologies
- Developed by Kawai R&D’s highly experienced audio engineering team, the CN201 features a redesigned motherboard and speaker system, and a brand new high quality power adapter. These components combine to deliver best-in-class audio quality, producing an extremely rich, clear sound with minimal distortion.
- High quality sound hardware
- The CN201 motherboard and sound hardware is engineered for precise signal conversion and optimum sound quality. Advanced low-noise circuit designs and premium audio components combine to ensure crystal clear, high-fidelity sound with minimal distortion.
- Full range speaker drivers
- The CN201’s high quality speaker drivers were selected for their flat frequency response and ultra-low distortion characteristics, ensuring the most accurate reproduction of the original Shigeru Kawai SK-EX concert grand piano.
- Impressive speaker system
(with Low Volume Balance feature)
- The CN201’s stereo speaker system delivers an impressive 40W of output, providing more than enough power to fill a medium-sized room with it’s beautiful Shigeru Kawai grand piano sounds.
Moreover, when playing through speakers at a reduced volume setting (so as not to disturb family members), the CN201’s Low Volume Balance feature intelligently adjusts keyboard touch and piano tone characteristics, allowing pianissimo passages to be played smoothly and more naturally.
- Superior headphone experience
- The CN201’s Spatial Headphone Sound (SHS) technology enhances the depth and realism of the instrument’s sound when listening through headphones or earphones. The player can select one of three different acoustic presets that adjust the spatial positioning of the sound, while also helping to reduce auditory fatigue when using earphones or headphones for extended periods of time.
In addition, the CN201 also allows players to select a variety of headphone types (Open, Semi-open, Closed, In-Ear, Canal, etc.) for an optimised listening experience.
- The Variety of a Digital Piano: Convenience & Flexibility
- Complementing the instrument’s acclaimed Responsive Hammer III keyboard action and Progressive Harmonic Imaging piano sounds, the CN201 also offers a variety of convenient digital features that further enhance one’s musical enjoyment.
A selection of different instrument voices, built-in lesson songs, and the ability to record and playback performances are just some of the features accessible from the cheek-block control panel, while built-in Bluetooth® MIDI and Audio functionality allow connecting to smart devices wirelessly for running apps or streaming music.
- Integrated Bluetooth® connectivity
- In addition to a standard USB-MIDI port for connecting to computers, the CN201 also features integrated Bluetooth® MIDI and Audio technologies that allow the instrument to communicate with supported smart devices wirelessly.
Once paired with a phone, tablet, or laptop, CN201 owners can enjoy a wide variety of exciting music-related apps that enhance their learning and playing experience, or stream audio from songs and videos directly through the instrument’s impressive speaker system without the need to connect additional cables.
* Availability of Bluetooth® function may vary depending on market area.
* For more information please refer to the Bluetooth MIDI Information support page.
- PianoRemote app
- The CN201 is compatible with Kawai’s latest PianoRemote control app for iOS and supported Android devices. This app connects to the piano wirelessly via the instrument’s integrated Bluetooth feature, providing an effortless way to change sounds or adjust settings from an attractive touch-based user interface.
- Built-in lesson function
- The CN201’s convenient lesson function allows aspiring pianists to learn piano with classical Czerny, Burgmüller, Beyer, and Chopin etudes, or collections of songs from the popular Alfred’s Basic Piano course books.
The left and right hand parts of each etude/song can be practiced separately, using the adjustable metronome feature to perfect timing in difficult passages, before recording the completed piece for self-evaluation.
* Notated scores and Alfred lesson books sold separately.
- Additional sounds & playing modes
- Supplementing the beautiful acoustic piano voices, the CN201 also features a modest selection of additional sounds, ranging from electric pianos and drawbar or church organs, to strings, human choirs, and synth pads, inviting musicians to add greater variety to their performances.
Dual playing mode also allows two different sounds, such as grand piano and strings, to be layered together, while the Four Hands mode divides the keyboard into two independent 44-key sections.
This feature is particularly useful in learning environments, allowing teacher and student (or student and student) to play together at the same time using a single instrument.
- Grand Feel Pedal System
- Reinforcing the CN Series’ reputation as the most realistic digital pianos in their price range is Kawai’s Grand Feel Pedal System.
This unique feature accurately replicates the position and individual weighting of the damper, soft, and sostenuto pedals of a Shigeru Kawai SK-EX concert grand piano, ensuring that players master the proper pedalling technique required to perform on an acoustic piano.
- Grand performance within a modern, compact cabinet
- The CN201’s modern cabinet incorporates a curved leg design, with minimalist toe blocks for additional stability. Its flat fascia and tall upper board give the instrument a traditional, upright piano-like quality, while at just over 40 centimetres deep, the CN201’s compact body is suitable for apartments and other narrow spaces.
- Broad, adjustable music rest
- The CN201’s broad music rest is engineered to accommodate the most ambitious musical works, with a high-quality surface and attractive round design.
As with a grand piano, the viewing angle of the instrument’s music rest can be adjusted to suit the performer’s playing position, or laid flat for convenience when notating scores or sketching musical ideas.
- Easy to use interface with OLED display
- The CN201 features an easy to use control panel neatly embedded within the left cheekblock, with a high resolution OLED display providing information about the currently select sound, function, or setting.
Unlike most other digital pianos in its class, the CN201’s various sounds and functions are all selected directly from the control panel, without needing to press and hold buttons while remembering different key combinations. This helps to simplify operation, and ensures that the piano can be enjoyed by even the youngest members of the family.
- Cabinet Finishes
- The CN201 is available in three attractive cabinet finishes: Premium Rosewood, Premium Satin Black, and Premium Satin White, allowing musicians to coordinate their piano with a range of modern interiors.
* Cabinet finish availability dependent on market location.
|Keyboard||・ Responsive Hammer III action
– 88 keys
– Grade-weighted hammers
– Ivory Touch white key surfaces
– Let-off simulation
– Triple sensor key detection
|Pedal||・ Grand Feel Pedal System
– Damper (with half-pedal support)
|Piano Sound||・ Progressive Harmonic Imaging (PHI)
– 88-key stereo sampling
– SK-EX, EX recording
– 192 note maximum polyphony
|Piano Resonance||– Damper Resonance
– String Resonance
|Piano Adjustment||・Virtual Technician (18 parameters, via PianoRemote app)
– Touch Curve
– Damper Resonance
– Damper Noise
– String Resonance
– Key-off Effect
– Fall-back Noise
– Hammer Delay
– Decay Time
– Release Time
– Minimum Touch
– Stretch Tuning
– Temperament Key
– User Key Volume
– Half-Pedal Adjust
– Soft Pedal Depth・Virtual Technician Smart Mode (10 presets)
|No. of Sounds||19 voices|
|Speakers||12 cm x 2 (full-range speakers)|
|Output Power||40 W (20 W x 2)|
|Headphone Enhancements||Spatial Headphone Sound
|Display||128 x 128 pixel OLED|
|Key Cover||Sliding type|
|Music Rest||Collapsible type (3 angle adjustability)|
Size & Weight
|Width||136 cm (53 1/2″)|
|Depth||40.5 cm (16″)|
|Height||86 cm (34″) [music rest flat]
102 cm (40 1/4″) [music rest raised]
|Net Weight||43 kg (95 lbs.)|
Size & Weight
|Dimensions||147 (W) x 60.5 (D) x 37.5 (H) cm (without bench)
158 (W) x 55.5 (D) x 51.5 (H) cm (with bench)
|Gross Weight||52 kg (without bench)
59 kg (with bench)
|Available Finishes||Premium Satin Black (CN201B)
Premium Satin White (CN201W)
Premium Rosewood (CN201R)
Low Volume Balance
|Internal Songs||Sound Demo||19 songs|
|Concert Magic||40 songs|
|Lesson Songs||Burgmüller 25 (25 Etudes Faciles, Opus 100)
Czerny 30 (Etudes de Mécanisme, Opus 849)
Beyer 106 (Vorschule im Klavierspiel, Opus 101)
Chopin Walzer (Chopin waltzes series 1-19)
Alfred’s Basic Piano Library Lesson Book Level 1A
Alfred’s Basic Piano Library Lesson Book Level 1B
|Internal Recorder||Total Memory||approximately 10,000 notes|
|No. of Songs||3 songs|
|Metronome||Time Signatures||1/4, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 3/8, 6/8|
|Bluetooth *||Bluetooth (Ver. 5.0; GATT compatible)
Bluetooth Low Energy MIDI Specification compliant
Bluetooth Audio (Ver. 5.1; A2DP compatible)
|USB Audio Recorder||Record/Playback||–|
|App Functions||PianoRemote (iOS/Android)
|Connector Jacks||Headphone||1 x 1/4″, 1 x 1/8″ Stereo jacks|
|MIDI||USB-MIDI, Bluetooth MIDI *|
|USB to Host||✔|
|USB to Device||–|
|Power Consumption||12 W|
AC adaptor (PS-154)
|Bench||Fixed-height or height-adjustable bench *|
|Others||Warranty Card *
You’re never too far away!
Remember we supply pianos in Yorkshire and Nationwide… frequently delivering to Leeds, Bradford, York, Harrogate, Halifax, Huddersfield, Wakefield, Doncaster, Sheffield, Scarborough, Bridlington & Hull.
If you cannot visit, call us. We can mail order your digital piano anywhere in the U.K. Our specialist carriers work nationwide. We can even arrange to unbox and assemble it. Please ask us for more details.